Jordan’s Principle – Child First Service Coordinatorby Admin
Jordan’s Principle-Child First Service Coordinator
Full Time Term Position
The objective of the JP-Child First Service Coordinator is to facilitate access to Federal and Provincial/Territorial Health and Social Programs and services. The benefits are to resolve jurisdictional disputes involving the care of First Nations Children between departments within Federal governments, as well as those between the Federal government and provinces/territories.
- Degree in social work, human resources education or related profession with at least 5 years of experience working in the field of health, social or education sectors. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proven ability to efficiently analyze, synthesize and summarize documents and reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous work experience within First Nations would be an asset
- Knowledge of the culture, traditions, social history and economic conditions of PEI First Nations
- Knowledge and experience with provincial programs/systems/pathways on Prince Edward Island
- Knowledge in data entry, financial accounting and the ability to conduct client interviews for intake processes.
- Previous work experience with consulting on health matters
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, have initiative and be adaptable
- Ability to complete work within a specified period of time
- Ability to exercise discretion, flexibility and judgement
Full job description can be found here: Jordan’s principle job description 2020
Closing date for applications is August 12, 2020, by 3:00pm.
Hours of work: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Mi’kmaq Confederacy of PEI (MCPEI)
Attn: Tabatha Bernard
Human Resources Advisor
200 Read Drive