MCPEI Health Executive Assistant (3-month contract)by Admin
MCPEI Health Executive Assistant (3-month contract)
Reporting to the Director of Health, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing senior level administrative support in file management, record keeping, scheduling, data entry and communications. This position requires a high level of organizational skills and competence and the ability to prioritize.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Health by arranging appointments according to priority and rescheduling when conflicts arise;
- Prepare correspondence, reports, letters and other documents;
- Provide support to the follow programs: Emergency Management, IRS Program, Jordan’s Principle, Health Promotion, MMIWG;
- Assist in the coordination and planning of meetings, special projects and events;
- Maintain quality control in handling exceptionally private and confidential client files, correspondence, and reports;
- Data entry including verifying or editing data;
- Attend meetings and prepare minutes and briefing notes; and
- Other duties as required.
- College degree in Administration of equivalent experience.
- Experience following work plans and writing complex reports.
- Experience in organizing meetings and events.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to efficiently analyze, synthesize documents and reports.
- Experience using Excel and other database systems.
- Proficient typing and data entry skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of culture, traditions, history and economic conditions of PEI First Nations.
- All qualifications being equal, preference may be given to those of Indigenous descent.
Closing date for applications is August 12th, 2020. This is a 3-month contract with a possibility of an extension. Position to begin immediately, 37.5 hours per week. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Mi’kmaq Confederacy of PEI (MCPEI)
Attn: Tabatha Bernard
200 Read Drive