Mi’kmaq Confederacy of Prince Edward Island
The main role of the MCPEI receptionist is to support the work of management and/ or other staff and contribute to the efficient day-to-day operations of MCPEI. The primary responsibilities of the position will be: greeting visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner, directing the general public to the appropriate staff member, answering general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner, and responding to public inquiries with accurate information.
- Minimum of Grade 12 education (or equivalent) combined with experience working in an office environment;
- Experience in computers and software programs including word processing, spreadsheets, Internet, and email.
- Very good judgement, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, strong oral and written communication skills, effective analytical skills, initiative, willingness to be a team player;
- Basic knowledge of PEI Mi’kmaq culture and traditions;
- Valid driver’s license and/ or access to reliable transportation.
Complete job description is available here: Receptionist Job Description
Full time beginning immediately, 75 hours bi-weekly. Location of work will be in Charlottetown.
All qualifications being equal, preference may be given to those of Indigenous descent. The deadline to apply for this position is February 23, 2021, at 3:00 pm. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please mail or email a cover letter along with a detailed resume outlining qualifications and related work experience to email@example.com or mail to:
Tabatha Bernard, Human Resource Manager
Mi’kmaq Confederacy of PEI
200 Read Drive